Barack Obama Doesn't Like His Daughters Watching the Kardashians, Says MichelleRelated: Kim Kardashian, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Khloe Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Elise Amendola/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/AP4 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Marco Garcia/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Haraz N. Ghanbari/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
We live in a Kardashian nation, but President Barack Obama isn't exactly a fan of reality TV's royal family.
First lady Michelle Obama tells iVillage that her hubby, 50, doesn't like Sasha, 10, and Malia, 13, keeping up with Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian's antics on the boob tube.
Michelle, 47, says that like most parents, she and Barack regulate how much TV their daughters watch and what they're allowed to see. "Barack really thinks some of the Kardashians -- when they watch that stuff -- he doesn't like that as much," she told iVillage.
"But I sort of feel like if we're talking about it, and I'm more concerned with how they take it in -- what did you learn when you watched that," Michelle explained. "And if they're learning the right lessons, like, that was crazy, then I'm like, OK."
While the Kardashian family members are known for their big spending (Kim purchased a $325,000 Ferrari earlier this month), their upbringing wasn't entirely different from Sasha and Malia's.
Michelle tells iVillage she doesn't want her girls raised as "little princesses."
"They have to make their own beds, to clean up their rooms," she says. "Sasha has started doing the laundry. Malia was supposed to be doing it but [Sasha] is really into laundry."
Khloé, 27, told Babycenter last month about her "Cinderella" upbringing. "When I turned 12, my mom's housekeeper was not allowed to enter my room," she said. Kris Jenner told her at the time: "You're 12 now. You do all your own laundry. You make your bed."
Khloé said when Kendall and Kylie Jenner were born, "I had to do all the dishes, and I cooked for them. But honestly, now I'm a great cook and I'm OCD clean, and I like that my parents did that."
MORE ON WONDERWAL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite