Barbara Walters Hospitalized After Falling, Cutting Forehead
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Barbara Walters is recovering in the hospital after falling on a stair at the British Ambassador's residence on Saturday, Jan. 19. The TV veteran cut her forehead as a result of the incident but appears to be in relatively good shape otherwise.
"Out of an abundance of caution, she went to the hospital to have her cut tended to, have a full examination and remains there for observation," ABC News senior vice president Jeffrey W. Schneider told Politico, which was the first to report the injury. "Barbara is alert (and telling everyone what to do), which we all take as a very positive sign."
Walters, 83, is in Washington, D.C., to cover President Barack Obama's second Inauguration. However, TV Newser reports that because of her injury, she will not be able to contribute to ABC's reporting tomorrow.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Gaze
From Crowd Ignite