Barbara Walters Hospitalized After Falling, Cutting Forehead
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Barbara Walters is recovering in the hospital after falling on a stair at the British Ambassador's residence on Saturday, Jan. 19. The TV veteran cut her forehead as a result of the incident but appears to be in relatively good shape otherwise.
"Out of an abundance of caution, she went to the hospital to have her cut tended to, have a full examination and remains there for observation," ABC News senior vice president Jeffrey W. Schneider told Politico, which was the first to report the injury. "Barbara is alert (and telling everyone what to do), which we all take as a very positive sign."
Walters, 83, is in Washington, D.C., to cover President Barack Obama's second Inauguration. However, TV Newser reports that because of her injury, she will not be able to contribute to ABC's reporting tomorrow.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite