Barbara Walters injury update
- Photo: Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' RenewedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- James Foley's Mother: 'We Have Never Been Prouder of Our Son'MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:59:00 AM
- German retailer opening US flagship in CincinnatiMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:35:21 AM
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast hostMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:23:29 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who Will
Barbara Walters is still recovering from a weekend fall that derailed her plans to cover Monday's presidential inauguration, and "The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg gave an update on her condition on Tuesday's show.
"Barbara went to Washington to cover the inauguration. She missed a step and had a fall, which cut her upper temple," Goldberg said. "The doctors stitched her up and she is doing fine, but they want her to take it easy."
Goldberg then read a statement from Walters, in which the 83-year-old newswoman said that she wanted to "thank all the people who have called, written and been concerned about me."
"I am running a low-grade fever and the doctors are keeping me in the hospital until my temperature is normal," Walters explained. "I'm pleased to say that it is going in the right direction and I will be home soon."
Walters fell Saturday on a stair while visiting the British Ambassador's residence in Washington, D.C. and was taken to the hospital so doctors could examine the cut on her head.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite