Barbara Walters injury update
- Photo: Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Barbara Walters is still recovering from a weekend fall that derailed her plans to cover Monday's presidential inauguration, and "The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg gave an update on her condition on Tuesday's show.
"Barbara went to Washington to cover the inauguration. She missed a step and had a fall, which cut her upper temple," Goldberg said. "The doctors stitched her up and she is doing fine, but they want her to take it easy."
Goldberg then read a statement from Walters, in which the 83-year-old newswoman said that she wanted to "thank all the people who have called, written and been concerned about me."
"I am running a low-grade fever and the doctors are keeping me in the hospital until my temperature is normal," Walters explained. "I'm pleased to say that it is going in the right direction and I will be home soon."
Walters fell Saturday on a stair while visiting the British Ambassador's residence in Washington, D.C. and was taken to the hospital so doctors could examine the cut on her head.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite