Barbara Walters injury update
- Photo: Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Writer-Producers at Reality TV Hit Factory Vote to UnionizeMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 9:15:00 AM
- Ratings: Amy Poehler-Produced 'Welcome to Sweden,' 'Working the Engels&amMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 8:51:00 AM
- Orange Is the New Black Stars Debate Whether Bennett Deserves to Go To PrisonMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 8:28:00 AM
- George Clooney Will Never 'Accept' an Apology From the Daily Mail 'the WMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:44:00 AM
- 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Rises to $4.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:11:00 AM
- Writer-Producers at Reality TV Hit Factory Vote to Unionize
Barbara Walters is still recovering from a weekend fall that derailed her plans to cover Monday's presidential inauguration, and "The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg gave an update on her condition on Tuesday's show.
"Barbara went to Washington to cover the inauguration. She missed a step and had a fall, which cut her upper temple," Goldberg said. "The doctors stitched her up and she is doing fine, but they want her to take it easy."
Goldberg then read a statement from Walters, in which the 83-year-old newswoman said that she wanted to "thank all the people who have called, written and been concerned about me."
"I am running a low-grade fever and the doctors are keeping me in the hospital until my temperature is normal," Walters explained. "I'm pleased to say that it is going in the right direction and I will be home soon."
Walters fell Saturday on a stair while visiting the British Ambassador's residence in Washington, D.C. and was taken to the hospital so doctors could examine the cut on her head.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTParis Fashion
From Crowd Ignite