Barbara Walters' Recovery From Heart Surgery Going 'Very Well'
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Ron Tom / ABC/Retna Ltd.5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: ABC/.7 of 9
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Zooey Deschanel, Anton Yelchin to Star in Dark Comedy 'The Driftless Area'MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 12:15:00 PM
- Exclusive: Community Brings Back Donald Glover For Its Latest Movie Poster ParodyMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 12:01:00 PM
- Charlize Theron and Andy Samberg to Host SNLMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 11:50:00 AM
- Bravo Developing Scripted Drama From Jennifer GarnerMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 11:26:00 AM
- Andrew Garfield, Charlize Theron and Andy Samberg to Host May 'SNL'sMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 11:02:00 AM
- Zooey Deschanel, Anton Yelchin to Star in Dark Comedy 'The Driftless Area'
Barbara Walters is sharing how she's feeling while recovering from the heart-valve replacement surgery she underwent earlier this month.
Walters had planned on emceeing an event honoring Placido Domingo at El Museo del Barrio's annual gala at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City on Thursday. Instead, the recuperating "View" co-host wrote a letter to the famed tenor, which was read aloud at the ceremony by fashion designer Oscar de la Renta.
"Dear Placido: Only an injured heart would keep me from being with you tonight," Walters said in her letter to the special lifetime achievement award honoree. "You may have heard that I have had recent surgery to replace a faulty heart valve. I am doing very well but not quite ready to jump rope or go out. How I wish I could say these things in person."
Previously, Walters' rep told ET that doctors were pleased with the outcome of her surgery.
Related stories: Barbara Walters 'Recovering as Expected' From Heart Surgery
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite