Barbara Walters' Recovery From Heart Surgery Going 'Very Well'
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Ron Tom / ABC/Retna Ltd.5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: ABC/.7 of 9
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in SeqMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Seth Rogen Blows Up At Nancy Grace Over Anti-Marijuana TweetsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Gallery eyes portraits in the age of abstract artMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:37 AM
- MovieTickets.com Extends Harkins Theatres Remote Ticketing AgreementMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial in DCMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:05:26 AM
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in Seq
Barbara Walters is sharing how she's feeling while recovering from the heart-valve replacement surgery she underwent earlier this month.
Walters had planned on emceeing an event honoring Placido Domingo at El Museo del Barrio's annual gala at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City on Thursday. Instead, the recuperating "View" co-host wrote a letter to the famed tenor, which was read aloud at the ceremony by fashion designer Oscar de la Renta.
"Dear Placido: Only an injured heart would keep me from being with you tonight," Walters said in her letter to the special lifetime achievement award honoree. "You may have heard that I have had recent surgery to replace a faulty heart valve. I am doing very well but not quite ready to jump rope or go out. How I wish I could say these things in person."
Previously, Walters' rep told ET that doctors were pleased with the outcome of her surgery.
Related stories: Barbara Walters 'Recovering as Expected' From Heart Surgery
From Crowd Ignite