Barbara Walters' Recovery From Heart Surgery Going 'Very Well'
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Ron Tom / ABC/Retna Ltd.5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: ABC/.7 of 9
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Revenge' Creator Mike Kelley Inks Deal With HBOMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:59:02 PM
- Ian McKellen Spoofs All Over 'The Hobbit' in 'Sesame Street' SneMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:36:18 PM
- Fox News Reporter Will Not Have to Testify in Aurora Shooting CaseMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:30:55 PM
- Comedy Central Renews 'Tosh.0 for 3 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:25:59 PM
- Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio Top IMDb's 2013 Most Popular Stars ListMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:25:26 PM
- 'Revenge' Creator Mike Kelley Inks Deal With HBO
Barbara Walters is sharing how she's feeling while recovering from the heart-valve replacement surgery she underwent earlier this month.
Walters had planned on emceeing an event honoring Placido Domingo at El Museo del Barrio's annual gala at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City on Thursday. Instead, the recuperating "View" co-host wrote a letter to the famed tenor, which was read aloud at the ceremony by fashion designer Oscar de la Renta.
"Dear Placido: Only an injured heart would keep me from being with you tonight," Walters said in her letter to the special lifetime achievement award honoree. "You may have heard that I have had recent surgery to replace a faulty heart valve. I am doing very well but not quite ready to jump rope or go out. How I wish I could say these things in person."
Previously, Walters' rep told ET that doctors were pleased with the outcome of her surgery.
Related stories: Barbara Walters 'Recovering as Expected' From Heart Surgery
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMarrying Kind?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite