Barbara Walters Takes on the 'Jersey Shore' Crew
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
By Drew Mackie
It's being reported over at Life & Style magazine that Barbara Walters has chosen the cast of "Jersey Shore" as one of the year's top ten most fascinating people. After only becoming more famous over the past year (and despite the considerable handicap of being seven people), The Situation, Snooki, JWoww and the rest will be sitting opposite Walters in her traditional end-of-the-year special.
Also on the receiving end of Walters's questions this year are Michelle Obama, Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise, whom Life & Style noted had all made the list in previous years. And although the "Jersey" crew may seem like unusual choices, Life & Style also pointed out that other big-name reality stars such as Kate Gosselin and Adam Lambert have made Walters's top ten.
More than 6 million people tune into MTV to watch "Jersey Shore" every week. Additionally, the show's cast members have been tabloid regulars throughout 2010. The Situation just this week was eliminated from popular ABC series "Dancing With the Stars," while "South Park" lampooned the show on Wednesday. Meanwhile, costar Snooki announced she will be writing a novel. And a third season of "Jersey Shore" is scheduled to go into production at an unspecified date.
We can't wait for Barbara Walters to get her GTL-on. The special will air Dec. 9 on ABC.
From Crowd Ignite