Bethenny Frankel custody battle gets nasty: He threatened to 'destroy me'
- Photo: TS/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 10
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 10
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 10
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet4 of 10
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Dasha/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks7 of 10
- Photo: Blayze/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: JLJ/ZOJ/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Reality star/entrepreneur Bethenny Frankel's custody battle over her 4-year-old daughter Bryn with estranged husband Jason Hoppy is reportedly getting nasty.
The two appeared in a New York City courtroom Wednesday, where according to People, Frankel alleged that Hoppy threatened to "destroy" her.
"He said, 'I'm going to destroy you. I'm going to have you and your publicist crying and crumbling in a corner. Now you're going to see what I was like on the basketball court,'" Frankel reportedly testified. “He said, 'You don't know what it's like to have a family, you'll never have a family. Let's go baby.'"
For his part, Hoppy accused Frankel of using their daughter as a "prop," and using her to promote her own business ventures such as her upcoming children's book and Skinny Girl cocktail line.
"Bethenny Frankel's priority is Bethenny Frankel," Hoppy's lawyer Bernard Clair allegedly told the judge. "In pursuit of career success, she has used the child as a prop. [Frankel is trying to] relegate the father of her child to a walking sperm bank."
Though according to Frankel, Hoppy was just as into the spotlight as she is.
"We did not discuss anything being off-limits," she testified. "He said, 'I would never be able to have a wedding like this if it weren't on television.'"
"Jason embraced family life in the spotlight," Frankel's attorney Allen Mayefsky said during Wednesday's emotional courtroom battle. "But ever since the marriage ended, "he puts desire for revenge over his family and child."
Frankel and Hoppy split in December 2013, after almost three years of marriage and two reality shows together -- "Bethenny Getting Married?" and "Bethenny Ever After."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite