Bethenny Frankel custody battle gets nasty: He threatened to 'destroy me'
- Photo: TS/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 10
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 10
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 10
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet4 of 10
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Dasha/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks7 of 10
- Photo: Blayze/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: JLJ/ZOJ/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's MuseumMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:58:00 AM
- Discovery's Nik Wallenda Chicago Skyscraper Walk to Air Live in NovemberMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:49:00 AM
- Eminem Publishers Sue New Zealand Political Party for Copyright InfringementMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:33:00 AM
- Universal's Kevin Grayson to Head Film Distribution at Robert Simonds' New CompanyMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:30:00 AM
- Gary Oldman Will Produce 'Deep Web' Series for Spike TVMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:17:00 AM
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's Museum
Reality star/entrepreneur Bethenny Frankel's custody battle over her 4-year-old daughter Bryn with estranged husband Jason Hoppy is reportedly getting nasty.
The two appeared in a New York City courtroom Wednesday, where according to People, Frankel alleged that Hoppy threatened to "destroy" her.
"He said, 'I'm going to destroy you. I'm going to have you and your publicist crying and crumbling in a corner. Now you're going to see what I was like on the basketball court,'" Frankel reportedly testified. “He said, 'You don't know what it's like to have a family, you'll never have a family. Let's go baby.'"
For his part, Hoppy accused Frankel of using their daughter as a "prop," and using her to promote her own business ventures such as her upcoming children's book and Skinny Girl cocktail line.
"Bethenny Frankel's priority is Bethenny Frankel," Hoppy's lawyer Bernard Clair allegedly told the judge. "In pursuit of career success, she has used the child as a prop. [Frankel is trying to] relegate the father of her child to a walking sperm bank."
Though according to Frankel, Hoppy was just as into the spotlight as she is.
"We did not discuss anything being off-limits," she testified. "He said, 'I would never be able to have a wedding like this if it weren't on television.'"
"Jason embraced family life in the spotlight," Frankel's attorney Allen Mayefsky said during Wednesday's emotional courtroom battle. "But ever since the marriage ended, "he puts desire for revenge over his family and child."
Frankel and Hoppy split in December 2013, after almost three years of marriage and two reality shows together -- "Bethenny Getting Married?" and "Bethenny Ever After."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Vacations
From Crowd Ignite