Bethenny Frankel doesn't feel sorry for Teresa Giudice
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: Blayze/Splash News2 of 15
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis, PacificCoastN/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 15
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Julio Cortez/Wonderwall5 of 15
- Photo: VEM/Fame Flynet6 of 15
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA7 of 15
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: GOAL/GSI9 of 15
- Photo: Henry Lamb / Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA10 of 15
- Photo: Arthur Mola/Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Derrick Salters/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Teresa Giudice won't be getting any sympathy from fellow Bravo star Bethenny Frankel. The 42-year-old former "Real Housewives of New York City" star shared her thoughts on "Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars Teresa and Joe Giudice being indicted for fraud this week, while promoting her talk show, "Bethenny," at the TCA tour panel at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills on Wednesday.
"My first thought today was, 'Oh, if they weren't on reality TV, none of this would probably ever be exposed.' And it's just funny how certain people are [like a] moth to a flame. It's almost like -- not that you want to get caught -- but people who love to be in the spotlight often have a lot of skeletons in their closet. It's just an interesting thing."
On Monday, Teresa, 41, and Joe, 43, were charged in a 39-count indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statement on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud. They appeared in court on Tuesday, and were each released on $500,000 unsecured bail bonds, with a hearing set for Aug. 14.
"I haven't paid that much attention," Frankel explained of the Giudice's legal woes. "Do I feel sorry for them? No, I don't. Not so much, because it broke the law. You broke the law and you went on television. That's not really that smart."
But Frankel, mom to 3-year-old daughter Bryn, who is going through a divorce from husband Jason Hoppy, does feel sorry for the Giudices' four daughters. "I feel badly for them because they have kids," she explained, "and their kids didn't sign up for this."
The Giudices -- parents to Gia, 12, Gabriella, 10, Milania, 7, and Audriana, 3 -- have a hearing set for Aug. 14. If convicted, they could face more than 50 years in prison.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite