Bethenny Frankel on divorce: It's the most difficult thing you could ever go through
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Justin Steffman/Splash News4 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 11
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: POA/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Bethenny Frankel may seem like she has it all together, but as she revealed during her April 11 guest-hosting stint on "Good Day New York," life after divorce is a daily struggle. It's been a little more than three months since the Skinnygirl mogul announced the end of her two-year marriage to Jason Hoppy, and though the initial shock of their split has worn off, the heartache has not.
"It's rough," she confessed to morning anchor Greg Kelly. "I have to say, divorce is the most difficult thing you could ever go through in your entire life."
Frankel, 42, wasn't expecting it to be easy, of course, but she also wasn't expecting it to be this hard. "I never heard how excruciating it is," she admitted.
Asked whether her split from the 41-year-old pharmaceutical sales exec had been acrimonious, the "Bethenny" host replied that the experience of divorce in general was just a "brutal, unnatural situation" -- one she "never thought" she'd find herself in. Her one saving grace? The couple's 2-year-old daughter, Bryn, whom Frankel called "amazing."
"Kids make you do things you'd never do," she said of how her little girl has helped to ease her pain. "They bring out the best in you."
Frankel and Hoppy announced their separation at the end of December last year. She filed for divorce in early January; three weeks later, her ex counter-filed with aggressive papers of his own, in which he requested primary custody of Bryn, child support, medical and dental expenses, and exclusive use of the couple's Tribeca loft in New York.
"I'm going through something very difficult," the Real Housewives alum told Extra's AJ Calloway in February, adding that she felt both "good and terrible" about the split. "And you know what? Every dark cloud has a silver lining. I do have a beautiful daughter and I have a lot of things to be thankful and grateful for."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite