Bethenny Frankel Says Dating After Split From Jason Hoppy is Like Eating After Food Poisoning
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: TS/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 13
- Photo: Arthur Mola/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: Santi/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: JLJ/ZOJ/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks10 of 13
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks11 of 13
- Photo: Spread Pictures/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
How sweet it is? Bethenny Frankel made a surprising sugary comparison when asked about divorce after the taping of her talk show "Bethenny" on Thursday, Nov. 7. "Divorces are like ice cream, there are a lot of different flavors. Some can be very amicable, and some can be very peaceful and easy, and some can be really brutal," she told Us Weekly. "I honestly did not have any idea how difficult in the very least it can be."
Frankel, 43, also hinted that there is more than meets the eye when it comes to her own split with Jason Hoppy, 42. "I'm very straightforward," she said. "[But] people probably know about 10 percent of the story and I can't share the story."
Even though her divorce is moving along -- and despite rumors speculating otherwise -- the talk show host decisively said she is not yet ready to date. "It's like having food poisoning and not wanting to eat again," she explained. "In theory it sounds somewhat appetizing, but in reality it just doesn't seem all that interesting to me."
One thing the entrepreneur does find interesting? Spending the holidays with her 3-year-old daughter, Bryn. "We'll definitely do Christmas cookies," she told Us. "We'll definitely do the tree decorating and the house decorating. That's the best thing about kids -- they make you young again."
As far as being a single mom, Frankel says prioritization is key. "You don't really have a lot of free time, so you have to be organized and efficient, and quality time is the most important thing with your child," she said.
Being active, too, is a top priority for the former "Real Housewives" star. "I'm not a 'sit in front of the TV' mom or 'let's just waste time' mom. I want to do great, interesting things with [my daughter]," she told Us. "It doesn't mean we have to go to Europe or to the Eiffel Tower. It just means sitting in the playground or [saying], 'Let's have a picnic.'"
The Bethenny host also opened up at the Skinnygirl Surprise Cocktail Event in New York about a favorite activity she shares with her daughter -- Mommy and Me dinners with Bryn's friends. "It's great," she gushed. "She's a real person now!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite