Source on Bethenny Frankel split: 'They really tried,' are 'devastated'
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.1 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: POA/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 17
- Photo: Meyers/Fame Flynet9 of 17
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI10 of 17
- Photo: FUFU/GSI11 of 17
- Photo: MPNC/GSI12 of 17
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Ryan/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Fans of "Bethenny Ever After" know that there was plenty of drama and conflict in Bethenny Frankel's marriage to Jason Hoppy -- but there was no third party involved when the spouses of nearly three years announced their split on Dec. 23.
"No one cheated," a Frankel friend shares in the new issue of Us Weekly, out now.
"They're both devastated," the friend continues of Frankel, 42, and pharmaceutical sales exec Hoppy, 41, who share daughter Bryn, 2. And although the pair butted heads -- over Frankel's staggering financial success and Hoppy's family -- "they really tried," the pal says. "They grew apart. She is very upset."
Indeed, Frankel, who has gone from reality star to bestselling author, talk show host and head of the Skinnygirl company, "feels like she disappointed herself," another source says. "She disappointed her daughter and she disappointed her fans."
For much more on what led to the split -- and what's at stake financially -- pick up the news Us Weekly, on stands Friday!
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite