Bethenny Frankel talks Jason Hoppy divorce: 'I feel like a failure'
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: POA/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Just days after Bethenny Frankel filed for divorce from Jason Hoppy, the Skinnygirl mogul made her first television appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Jan. 9.
"Do I want to be doing this exact thing right now? No, but I can't just only be on reality TV and show everything when it's fair princess, fairy tale and then not take my hits when I have to," Frankel, 40, explained. "I've kind of had the best worst year ever."
Addressing the studio audience and the TV viewers, Frankel said, "I feel like a bit of a disappointment to all of you. And I feel like a failure."
Ellen DeGeneres, 54, tried to comfort the single-again star. "You are not a disappointment," the host told Frankel. "You are not a failure. You are not."
"I feel like a failure," lamented Frankel, who wed Hoppy in a televised ceremony in 2010. "I really put it out there. I wanted the fairytale. I thought I had it. And [my 2-year-old daughter] Bryn is my fairy tale."
"This is excruciating, I have to say," she continued.
Frankel announced her split with pharmaceutical sales exec Hoppy, 41, on Dec. 23, 2012. "The truth is, I wanted to rip the Band-Aid off so it could start to heal. This will obviously be better," the former "Real Housewives of New York City" star explained. "I'm scared of the unknown future. You know everything, and one day you don't know. So I'm scared. I'm older."
She added, "I never thought I'd be a role model, but I think to some people I am, or have been. So this is an important time because it's about what I do next. How I handle myself now with grace, with dignity. This is the time now that matters."
When Frankel filed for divorce, she asked for primary custody of Bryn, as well as child support. "She doesn't want to drag it out," a source reveals in the Jan. 21 issue of Us Weekly (on newsstands Friday).
A second insider says Hoppy -- who is still living with Frankel in their $5 million, four-bedroom condo in New York City's Tribeca neighborhood -- "plans to ask her for a big payout," despite an ironclad prenup. "He feels used," the insider explains.
For more details on Frankel's $100 million divorce -- including how this will affect her upcoming talk show -- pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, on sale Friday!
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite