- Photo: Sara De Boer/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: VISP/GSI2 of 9
- Photo: Axelle Woussen/Bauer-Griffin3 of 9
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com4 of 9
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
By Jessica Wedemeyer
The Rancic household is on DEFCON 5 as Bill and Giuliana Rancic eagerly await the birth of their first child, a baby boy via surrogate.
"We're officially on baby watch," Rancic told WONDERWALL on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012, while promoting the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Credit Card. "We're anxiously waiting to welcome the little guy."
The expectant parents, who chose to welcome their child via surrogate after Giuliana was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011, are already nesting in Denver, Colo., where their baby will be born.
"We're gonna be there, very close by," Rancic said. "It's certainly something we don't want to miss."
The Rancics plan to spend their last weeks before parenthood celebrating their "babymoon" in Vail with hiking -- "Can't go too far. Waiting for that call any day now!" Rancic tweeted on Tuesday, Aug. 21 -- sleeping, eating, and "just enjoying the time that we have together before [the baby] comes," he says.
The couple has already completed most of the heavy lifting to prepare for the new addition to their family. "We are pretty ready to go," he says. "We're ahead of the game on this one, which is great. We've had a lot of time to plan and think about it, so we're ready for the game to start."
One thing on their to-do list: settling on a name for their son. "We've got a short list, but I think it's a game-day decision," says Rancic. "You gotta look at him. You gotta hold him in your arms and say, 'Does this name fit the person?' and oftentimes it doesn't."
RELATED Celebritots With Unusual Names
But rest assured, Rancic promises we won't be saying hello to a Pilot Inspektor or Apple Rancic anytime soon. "It's not gonna be a Hollywood name," he says. "No way, Jose. I'm a pretty traditional guy from Chicago. I'm not gonna buy into that song and dance here."
After their baby is born, the Hollywood power couple will split their time between Los Angeles and Chicago, where they plan to launch RPM Steak, a follow-up to their celeb hot spot RPM Italian, in early 2013. A few months after their son is born -- "He's gonna travel!" Rancic says -- the family of three will return to Los Angeles, where the expectant mom and dad just wrapped their work on their dating show, "Ready for Love," which is produced by Eva Longoria, and will debut on NBC this fall.
"We're having a lot of fun doing the show as a husband and wife," says Rancic. "We inject a lot of our personal life into it because we found love and had some ups and downs on our way to finding love. We dated some characters along the way, so I think we kind of lend our own personal take into the whole process."
The husband and wife duo will also interact with the contestants, occasionally dishing out their own advice. But do they ever disagree? "All the time!" he says with a laugh. "We agree to disagree."
Let's hope that doesn't carry over to the baby-naming process!
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite