- Photo: Esquire/.1 of 6
- Photo: Esquire/.2 of 6
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures5 of 6
More Celeb News
- World Cup Star Tim Howard Returns to NBC Sports as Premier League AnalystMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:28:00 AM
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' PilotMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- World Cup Star Tim Howard Returns to NBC Sports as Premier League Analyst
By Dana Flax
In the February issue of Esquire, cover girl Blake Lively chats about her new film "The Town," co-star Jon Hamm's guilty TV pleasure (hint: it's her day job) and how, above all, she sticks to her guns (a statement only made stronger by an accompanying Fonzie-inspired photo shoot). Read on to check out highlights from the feature.
Lively's lesson in staying grounded in Hollywood (and how to score that perfect 2400):
"I surround myself with people I trust, but ultimately it's my gut. That's what I trust ... It's like when you do SAT questions. Go with your first choice. It's been proven that your first choice is often the right one. It's like 56 percent of kids -- your first instinct, if you don't know the answer to something, that's the right one."
On her "Gossip Girl" alter ego:
"I can snap into Serena very easily. The way I dress as Serena is pretty much the way I dress as me. I'm living in New York City, shooting in New York City. I'm in a comfort zone."
Looking for some light fare? Don't expect it from "The Town":
"Every scene that I had was a heavy scene. I mean the scenes were -- I hate to sound dramatic, but they were cataclysmic. I'm screaming, I'm crying, I'm fighting, I'm on drugs, I'm in the hospital. They were all very, very rough. Rough to perform, rough to watch or to experience. But they were rewarding, because you feel like, wow, I can do that. I did that."
On her co-star Jon Hamm's *ahem* awareness of "Gossip Girl":
"He was playing it cool -- 'I don't have time to watch TV, what's the show about?' He totally knew. He was asking about the guys on our show. I was telling him I was going to Penn's movie premiere and he was like, 'Oh, are Chase and Penn gonna be there?'"
More on Wonderwall:
More on Esquire.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite