Bobbi Kristina Engaged to "Adopted" Brother, Wearing Whitney Houston's Diamond Ring, Says Source
- Photo: Twitter/.1 of 9
- Photo: courtesy of Us Magazine/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Lee Celano/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: OWN/.7 of 9
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Whitney Houston's family drama has not simmered down since her shocking Feb. 11 death.
The late singer's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was recently photographed in Atlanta holding hands with and kissing Nick Gordon, a young man whom Houston took in when he was 12 years old. A source now tells Us Weekly that 19-year-old Bobbi Kristina and Nick are engaged and living together in one of her mother's Atlanta properties.
PHOTOS: Whitney Houston's family album
And Bobbi Kristina, whose dad is Houston's ex-husband Bobby Brown, has been showing off a huge diamond engagement ring on her left hand to pals -- a bauble once worn by her mother, 48 years old at the time of her death, the source explains.
"The situation is beyond sad," the source says. "Whitney never formally adopted Nick, but he lived with her and Bobbi Kristina from the age of 12 and they were raised like brother and sister. Nick came from a really bad background."
Although the duo were "always close," their relationship "has evolved a lot," the source says, "and they are living like a couple."
Perhaps not surprisingly, Bobbi's family (grandmother Cissy Houston, father Bobby Brown) is "really upset" and "worried" about the unconventional romance.
"Bobbi Kristina is still so vulnerable since her mother passed away," the source adds. "But Nick has become like her rock."
PHOTOS: Whitney Houston 1963-2012
Indeed, the grieving Bobbi Kristina was seen sporting the ring during her interview with Oprah Winfrey on last Sunday's "Oprah: The Next Chapter."
"I'm doing as good as I possibly can at this point. I'm just trying to keep going," said Bobbi, who briefly checked into the hospital after her mother's death. "I can sing her music, but to hear it now, I can't. I can hear her voice telling me, 'Keep moving, baby. I got you.' She's always with me. I can always feel her with me. She used to always say, 'Do you need me?' And I said, 'I always need you.'"
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite