Bonnie Franklin Dies: Valerie Bertinelli pays emotional tribute
- Photo: WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- REPORT: Christian Bale is Going to be a Dad AgainMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:12:00 PM
- Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight.Com Re-Launching This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:41:00 PM
- 'Nymphomaniac' Reviews: Is Lars von Triers' Latest Sexy or Stupid?MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:15:00 PM
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:56:31 AM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theft
Valerie Bertinelli is mourning the loss of her TV mom, Bonnie Franklin, who passed away on Friday at age 69 following a battle with pancreatic cancer. Franklin is most well-known for her role as Ann Romano on sitcom "One Day at a Time" -- a single mom to teenaged daughters Barbara (Bertinelli) and Julie (Mackenzie Phillips) in a high-rise apartment building tended to by a helpful superintendent, Schneider (Pat Harrington, Jr.).
"My heart is breaking," Bertinelli, 52, wrote in an emotional tribute on her website. She and Franklin reunited onscreen back in 2011 when Franklin guest-starred on Hot in Cleveland. "Bonnie has always been one of the most important women in my life and was a second mother to me," continued Bertinelli, who became a teen star on the CBS sitcom, which ran from 1975 to 1984.
Continued the actress: "The years on 'One Day At A Time' were some of the happiest of my life, and along with Pat and Mackenzie we were a family in every way."
The late Emmy and Golden Globe nominated actress -- also a respected theater performer -- is survived by her mother, Claire Franklin, and stepchildren Jed and Julie Minoff.
"She taught me how to navigate this business and life itself with grace and humor, and to always be true to yourself," Bertinelli writes. "I will miss her terribly. "
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite