Bonnie Franklin Dies: Valerie Bertinelli pays emotional tribute
- Photo: WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
Valerie Bertinelli is mourning the loss of her TV mom, Bonnie Franklin, who passed away on Friday at age 69 following a battle with pancreatic cancer. Franklin is most well-known for her role as Ann Romano on sitcom "One Day at a Time" -- a single mom to teenaged daughters Barbara (Bertinelli) and Julie (Mackenzie Phillips) in a high-rise apartment building tended to by a helpful superintendent, Schneider (Pat Harrington, Jr.).
"My heart is breaking," Bertinelli, 52, wrote in an emotional tribute on her website. She and Franklin reunited onscreen back in 2011 when Franklin guest-starred on Hot in Cleveland. "Bonnie has always been one of the most important women in my life and was a second mother to me," continued Bertinelli, who became a teen star on the CBS sitcom, which ran from 1975 to 1984.
Continued the actress: "The years on 'One Day At A Time' were some of the happiest of my life, and along with Pat and Mackenzie we were a family in every way."
The late Emmy and Golden Globe nominated actress -- also a respected theater performer -- is survived by her mother, Claire Franklin, and stepchildren Jed and Julie Minoff.
"She taught me how to navigate this business and life itself with grace and humor, and to always be true to yourself," Bertinelli writes. "I will miss her terribly. "
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite