Bonnie Franklin Dies: Valerie Bertinelli pays emotional tribute
- Photo: WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Valerie Bertinelli is mourning the loss of her TV mom, Bonnie Franklin, who passed away on Friday at age 69 following a battle with pancreatic cancer. Franklin is most well-known for her role as Ann Romano on sitcom "One Day at a Time" -- a single mom to teenaged daughters Barbara (Bertinelli) and Julie (Mackenzie Phillips) in a high-rise apartment building tended to by a helpful superintendent, Schneider (Pat Harrington, Jr.).
"My heart is breaking," Bertinelli, 52, wrote in an emotional tribute on her website. She and Franklin reunited onscreen back in 2011 when Franklin guest-starred on Hot in Cleveland. "Bonnie has always been one of the most important women in my life and was a second mother to me," continued Bertinelli, who became a teen star on the CBS sitcom, which ran from 1975 to 1984.
Continued the actress: "The years on 'One Day At A Time' were some of the happiest of my life, and along with Pat and Mackenzie we were a family in every way."
The late Emmy and Golden Globe nominated actress -- also a respected theater performer -- is survived by her mother, Claire Franklin, and stepchildren Jed and Julie Minoff.
"She taught me how to navigate this business and life itself with grace and humor, and to always be true to yourself," Bertinelli writes. "I will miss her terribly. "
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite