Brad Paisley's wife opens up about dementia ordeal in magazine essay
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com3 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Emmy Parties 2014: Zoe Saldana, Michelle Dockery, Aaron Paul Break the Seal (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:57:00 PM
- Yahoo Passes on Saving Enlisted From CancellationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- 'When the Game Stands Tall's' Alexander Ludwig: Learning Football Moves WMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:42:00 PM
- SNL Alum Rachel Dratch Will Guest-Star on Parks and Recreation's Final SeasonMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:38:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'
Country star Brad Paisley's actress wife has opened up about her mother's battle with dementia in a new magazine essay.
Kimberly Williams-Paisley reveals she feels she is slowly losing her mum to primary progressive aphasia, a rare form of the disease, in a heart-breaking piece published by Redbook magazine.
The "Father of the Bride" star writes, "I've watched a passionately joyful woman, a devoted mother, an engaged listener and friend deteriorate and transform into someone almost unrecognizable.
"It's been agonizing to slowly lose her."
Williams-Paisley reveals her mother's condition has robbed her of her ability to write and recall words -- and she can't even pronounce her grandson Jasper's name correctly.
And the actress admits the decision to move her mum from the home she shares with her husband and family to a care facility was heart-wrenching but unavoidable.
She adds, "The move was the hardest change my tight-knit family has ever had to endure.
"Our visits were agonizing for me. I couldn't look at her without seeing a fading picture of who she used to be. I resented this mostly manic, dangerous, crazy woman who had taken over my mother's body."
RELATED: Who partied at the Super Bowl?
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite