Brandi Glanville: Ex-husband Eddie Cibrian and I 'were never truly rich'
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 20
- Photo: WBC/ZOJ/WENN2 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 20
- Photo: Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America6 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 20
- Photo: mjt/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.8 of 20
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage9 of 20
- Photo: .10 of 20
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks11 of 20
- Photo: Al Powers/Retna Ltd.12 of 20
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional13 of 20
- Photo: Al Powers/Retna Ltd.14 of 20
- Photo: AB1/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: Vince Bucci/.17 of 20
- Photo: Splash News18 of 20
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.19 of 20
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Brandi Glanville is an open book. The "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"star may live in an expensive area code and show up at various red carpets year round, but getting to where she is now was no easy feat. The 41-year-old recently touched on her less than financially abundant life while she was married to ex-husband Eddie Cibrian.
"Eddie and I were never truly rich," Glanville reveals to the UK's Times magazine in a new interview. "We were ghetto rich. We had the nice cars, the nice house and the nice jewels, but we probably had a second and a third mortgage. We were living paycheck to paycheck, with no savings."
The pair may have had hard times making ends meet, but there was one detail during their time together that was clear to Glanville -- her role in the house. "I had a hot dinner served on time every night and I looked great on his arm," she said. "That was my role."
Glanville and "The Best Man Holiday" actor Cibrian, 40, have had a tumultuous relationship since divorcing in 2010. One of the biggest issues has been co-parenting their sons Mason, 10, and Jake, 6, with Cibrian's new wife LeAnn Rimes. But one positive change that has come out of their split? Glanville is no longer throwing away dollars she doesn't have.
"I don't live beyond my means. I go to the 99 Cent Store," the "Drinking and Tweeting" author added. "I'm not trying to keep up with the Kardashians."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite