- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 5
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (VMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:04:49 PM
- 'Hours' Review: Paul Walker Says Adieu With One of His Strongest PerformancesMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:45:39 PM
- Jason Segel to Play David Foster Wallace Opposite Jesse Eisenberg in 'The End of the Tour&aMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 7:12 p.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:10:40 PM
- Frank Grillo Steps Into a Lead Role With 'The Purge' SequelMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 3:52:19 PM
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (V
By Kat Giantis
Just because Bret Michaels punched a ticket or 10 on board the penicillin-requiring "Rock of Love" bus, that's no reason to suspect him of ungentlemanly behavior. The likable bandanna enthusiast is speaking out (via his rep) against tabloid talk that he was the catalyst for the marital meltdown of Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus.
"Several reports of my client having an affair with Tish are unfounded and a fabrication," his mouthpiece assures E! News. "He has been a close friend of the family for some time because of his work with Miley."
That work includes her remake of "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," which just happens to be Tish's favorite song ("I did this song mostly for my mom," Miley explained back in June). No word on whether it's also a fave of Kristi Gibson, Bret's on-off girlfriend of 16-plus years.
"It's unfortunate that Billy Ray and Tish have to be further tainted by these lies being reported," gripes the rep. "The only relationship he's had with Tish is professional because he worked with Miley on 'Every Rose.' She recut it, and obviously they did that [duet] together at 'GMA' in the summer and [warning -- blatant plug ahead] his song 'Nothing to Lose' on his current album."
Tish's publicist also pooh-poohs the accusations, echoing, "It's not true. They had a working relationship."
RELATED VIDEO: More on the affair rumors
As for Miley, she's apparently playing Switzerland in her parents' divorce, which isn't a bad strategy with her all-important 18th birthday just weeks away.
"Miley is not taking any sides on this. She has been upset recently," an insider reveals to People magazine. "She's trying to keep everything private while her family works through this."
RELATED VIDEO: See Miley's cameo in Rock Mafia's music vid
Still, with both her folks deeply involved in her career (Billy Ray co-starred on "Hannah Montana"; Tish is her manager), there's speculation that a battle could be brewing over the family's supposed $150 million fortune.
"Billy Ray and Tish are already bickering over how to handle their most valuable asset -- Miley," a source contends to Star, which maintains that the powerhouse teen queen is firmly in Camp Achy Breaky.
"This whole situation has hurt Miley's relationship with her mother," asserts the snitch. "She's definitely going to side with her father."
Us Weekly, meanwhile, says the divorce filing was a long time coming. Insists a spy, "They were living separate lives."
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite