Bret Michaels receives outpatient care after 'warning stroke'
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage.com2 of 10
- Photo: WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com6 of 10
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: George Napolitano/GettyImages.com8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Disney In Talks to Buy Maker Studios for $500M+MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Pantelion Films Taps Auri Maruri as Director of Production and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:06:00 AM
- 'House of Cards' Ben Daniels Joins Starz Drama 'Flesh and Bone'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:05:00 AM
- Chase Carey Calls Fox TV Ratings 'A Little Disappointing'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:01:00 AM
- Spike Lee to attend Roger Ebert film festivalMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 10:48:14 AM
- Disney In Talks to Buy Maker Studios for $500M+
By Michelle Lanz
Poison front man Bret Michaels has suffered another health set-back. The "Celebrity Apprentice" star experienced a small "warning stroke" this week, and after being hospitalized, doctors found a hole in his heart, People reports.
RELATED VIDEO: See Bret talk about 'Celebrity Apprentice'
Michaels' rep says the singer was complaining about "numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands," according to a report from TMZ.
Doctors say that his condition is "operable and treatable" and that this new occurrence is not believed to be related to his brain hemorrhage last month.
Michaels had begun treatment in outpatient care as of Friday, the Associated Press confirmed, adding that Michaels' publicist, Joann Mignano, gave no other details about his condition to the news outlet in her email message.
RELATED VIDEO: Joan Rivers on Bret Michaels' Health
Yesterday, Michaels' rep told TMZ that the "Rock of Love" star is in "good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."
And he still intends to make it to the "Celebrity Apprentice" finale on Sunday, according to HollywoodLife.com.
"We are cautiously optimistic that he will attend," his rep told the Web site, adding that Michaels is still booked to appear on New York shows including "Today," "Regis and Kelly," and "Jay Leno" next week.
RELATED VIDEO: Donald Trump on Bret Michaels
We all know he's a fighter, hopefully he can come out of this medical setback in time for his May 28 tour!
From Crowd Ignite