Bret Michaels Released From Hospital, Expected to Recover Fully
- Photo: George Napolitano/GettyImages.com1 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: RD / Smith/Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Bette Midler Set to Star, Executive Produce HBO's Mae West BiopicMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:11:28 PM
- 'Murphy Brown' Cast to Reunite on 'Katie'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 3:59:28 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'Matr
Rocker Bret Michaels' doctor spoke in a news conference on Tuesday, explaining that Michaels has been released from the hospital and is expected to fully recover, less than a month after suffering a brain-stem hemorrhage.
RELATED VIDEO: Bret Michaels released from hospital
Dr. Joseph Zabramski told reporters, "I really expect that he will fortunately make a one-hundred-percent recovery."
The neurosurgeon called Michaels a "very lucky person," saying that only 20 percent of those who suffer hemorrhages like he did make a full recovery.
Zabramski said from here on out it will take "about seven to ten days more than now before [his condition] will completely resolve and he will really be able to feel like he's on the mend and can resume all of his activities."
"What I made him promise me is that he would make no promises," Zabramski said regarding when Michaels may be able to get back to work. "He's still very sick right now," the doctor noted, saying that they are planning to reassess his condition every two weeks.
When it comes to what Michaels suffered, the physician said, "There is nothing you can do to prevent this from happening. ... Everyone in this room has the same risk that he did."
More on ETonline.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite