Brooke Burke-Charvet fired from 'Dancing With the Stars' as co-host after eight seasons
- Photo: MICHELLE BRUCK/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks2 of 11
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks4 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: BT1/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Apega/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks8 of 11
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks9 of 11
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- First Look at Colton Haynes' Superhero Alter Ego on 'Arrow' (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM
- CW Pulls 'Seed,' 'Backpackers' From ScheduleMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'
Brooke Burke-Charvet is walking off the dance floor. The actress and model has been fired as co-host on Dancing With the Stars after eight seasons.
"Weird day ... Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS ... ME," the 42-year-old tweeted after midnight on Saturday. "@Tom_Bergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning to the show this season."
Burke-Charvet first made her mark on the ABC series as a competitor in Season 7, where she and partner Derek Hough ultimately took home the mirror ball trophy in 2008. She then went on to join Bergeron as co-host in Season 10.
The shocking elimination comes on the heels of yet another shakeup for the dancing competition. As previously reported, the reality series fired its longtime music director Harold Wheeler and the 28 members of his live backing band earlier this month.
"Since season one, Harold and his band have performed brilliant music in our ballroom for our dancers and the American viewers at home," BBC Worldwide and ABC said in a joint statement at the time. "We are grateful to him and his band for their amazing work and years of collaboration. We wish him the best of luck." In a statement slamming the ABC series for its decision, American Federation of Musicians' president Ray Hair said the band will be replaced with a small electronic band and sound recordings to "attract a younger demographic."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHeating Up!
From Crowd Ignite