Brooke Burke-Charvet fired from 'Dancing With the Stars' as co-host after eight seasons
- Photo: MICHELLE BRUCK/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks2 of 11
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks4 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: BT1/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Apega/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks8 of 11
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks9 of 11
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
Brooke Burke-Charvet is walking off the dance floor. The actress and model has been fired as co-host on Dancing With the Stars after eight seasons.
"Weird day ... Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS ... ME," the 42-year-old tweeted after midnight on Saturday. "@Tom_Bergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning to the show this season."
Burke-Charvet first made her mark on the ABC series as a competitor in Season 7, where she and partner Derek Hough ultimately took home the mirror ball trophy in 2008. She then went on to join Bergeron as co-host in Season 10.
The shocking elimination comes on the heels of yet another shakeup for the dancing competition. As previously reported, the reality series fired its longtime music director Harold Wheeler and the 28 members of his live backing band earlier this month.
"Since season one, Harold and his band have performed brilliant music in our ballroom for our dancers and the American viewers at home," BBC Worldwide and ABC said in a joint statement at the time. "We are grateful to him and his band for their amazing work and years of collaboration. We wish him the best of luck." In a statement slamming the ABC series for its decision, American Federation of Musicians' president Ray Hair said the band will be replaced with a small electronic band and sound recordings to "attract a younger demographic."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite