Brooke Burke-Charvet reveals cancer diagnosis
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/BRJ/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: Michael Simon/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: E. Charbonneau for PMK/HBH/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: FPA/FameFlynet Pictures/Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Jacson/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Casts 'All My Children' Vet MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:32:00 AM
- Aaron McGruder's 'Black Jesus' Somehow Draws Anger From Family GroupMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:10:00 AM
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:59:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Extant' Drifts Down From Second EpisodeMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Kelsey Grammer is a dad againMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:50:19 AM
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Casts 'All My Children' Vet
Brooke Burke-Charvet released a video online Thursday to announce that she was recently diagnosed with a cancerous growth on her thyroid gland.
In the video posted on her ModernMom blog, the 41-year-old actress and TV host explained that a nodule was discovered on her thyroid and after a series of tests over the last few months, it was eventually determined to be cancerous and her thyroid will have to be removed.
"Which means that I'm going to have a nice big scar right here across my neck," Brooke said. "And I don't get to just walk around and pretend like nothing happened or not follow up or not share it, because it's going to be pretty much dead center."
Brooke said the discovery, which originated from a regular physical, came as a complete shock because she's otherwise healthy. "As crazy as it is, my head is in the right place, and it's going to be good," she said, adding that the doctors consider this a form of "good cancer" compared to many others and the prognosis is good. "I'm just going to make a positive out of this negative thing."
She said the surgery has been scheduled, and she promised to keep her fans updated through her blog. "Now I'm ready to deal with it and I'm going to be fine. And I feel really, really strong."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLooks For A Deal
From Crowd Ignite