Brooke Burke-Charvet reveals cancer diagnosis
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/BRJ/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: Michael Simon/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: E. Charbonneau for PMK/HBH/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: FPA/FameFlynet Pictures/Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Jacson/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Brooke Burke-Charvet released a video online Thursday to announce that she was recently diagnosed with a cancerous growth on her thyroid gland.
In the video posted on her ModernMom blog, the 41-year-old actress and TV host explained that a nodule was discovered on her thyroid and after a series of tests over the last few months, it was eventually determined to be cancerous and her thyroid will have to be removed.
"Which means that I'm going to have a nice big scar right here across my neck," Brooke said. "And I don't get to just walk around and pretend like nothing happened or not follow up or not share it, because it's going to be pretty much dead center."
Brooke said the discovery, which originated from a regular physical, came as a complete shock because she's otherwise healthy. "As crazy as it is, my head is in the right place, and it's going to be good," she said, adding that the doctors consider this a form of "good cancer" compared to many others and the prognosis is good. "I'm just going to make a positive out of this negative thing."
She said the surgery has been scheduled, and she promised to keep her fans updated through her blog. "Now I'm ready to deal with it and I'm going to be fine. And I feel really, really strong."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite