Brooke Burke-Charvet shows makeup-free scar on 'Good Morning America' after thyroid cancer surgery
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: MICHELLE BRUCK/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America4 of 11
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI7 of 11
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks8 of 11
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/BRJ/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Cancer survivor Brooke Burke-Charvet is proudly showing off her scar!
The "Dancing With the Stars" host is cancer-free after undergoing a thyroidectomy on Dec. 6. Burke-Charvet, 41, confirmed her thyroid cancer diagnosis in November and blogged about her battle along the way.
"I'm one of the lucky ones," she told "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, in her first post-surgery appearance. "It was shocking. I never thought I would hear the word cancer in relation to myself."
The mother of four, who married David Charvet in August 2011, hopes others will learn from her story.
"The message really is about preventative health because I had no symptoms," Burke-Charvet explained. "And generally, thyroid cancer is very subtle symptoms. I went for a regular physical -- my early physical."
"I need to have thyroid surgery, a thyroidectomy, which means that I am going to have a nice big scar, right here, across my neck," she announced. Before the procedure, Burke-Charvet also tweeted a "last look" at her neck.
But the star showed off her scar on "GMA" in a low-cut pink dress.
"No makeup. This is a first for me today," she admitted. "I've been scarf-ing it up. But you know what, it's fresh. It's a month old and I think scars tell a story. And I'm so fortunate."
"I'm back to work," Burke-Charvet said, who is promoting her new workout videos. "I feel great."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite