Brooke Burke-Charvet shows makeup-free scar on 'Good Morning America' after thyroid cancer surgery
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: MICHELLE BRUCK/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America4 of 11
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI7 of 11
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks8 of 11
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/BRJ/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:40:15 AM
- 'Transcendence' Review: Johnny Depp Is a Ghost in the Machine in This Bug-Riddled MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 9:01:00 PM
- Bad Bangs: The Making of Billy Bob Thornton's Demented Fargo LookMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 8:46:00 PM
- 'Roswell' Stars to Reunite at ATX Television FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:20:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Review: Even Skeptics Can Find This Tale Humane and Even-HandMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:05:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDT
Cancer survivor Brooke Burke-Charvet is proudly showing off her scar!
The "Dancing With the Stars" host is cancer-free after undergoing a thyroidectomy on Dec. 6. Burke-Charvet, 41, confirmed her thyroid cancer diagnosis in November and blogged about her battle along the way.
"I'm one of the lucky ones," she told "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, in her first post-surgery appearance. "It was shocking. I never thought I would hear the word cancer in relation to myself."
The mother of four, who married David Charvet in August 2011, hopes others will learn from her story.
"The message really is about preventative health because I had no symptoms," Burke-Charvet explained. "And generally, thyroid cancer is very subtle symptoms. I went for a regular physical -- my early physical."
"I need to have thyroid surgery, a thyroidectomy, which means that I am going to have a nice big scar, right here, across my neck," she announced. Before the procedure, Burke-Charvet also tweeted a "last look" at her neck.
But the star showed off her scar on "GMA" in a low-cut pink dress.
"No makeup. This is a first for me today," she admitted. "I've been scarf-ing it up. But you know what, it's fresh. It's a month old and I think scars tell a story. And I'm so fortunate."
"I'm back to work," Burke-Charvet said, who is promoting her new workout videos. "I feel great."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite