Brooke Burke-Charvet shows makeup-free scar on 'Good Morning America' after thyroid cancer surgery
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: MICHELLE BRUCK/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America4 of 11
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI7 of 11
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks8 of 11
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/BRJ/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Fred Armisen, Carrie Brownstein's 'Portlandia' Season 4 Lands a Feb. 27 PMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 9:57:46 AM
- Brian Stelter's CNN Debut Gets Bumpy Ratings StartMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 9:43:07 AM
- 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest&aposMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 9:39:17 AM
- Katie Couric Apologizes for HPV Segment Criticized as 'Anti-Vaccine'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 9:16:17 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Season 4 Soars Over Last Season DebutMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:38:52 AM
- Fred Armisen, Carrie Brownstein's 'Portlandia' Season 4 Lands a Feb. 27 P
Cancer survivor Brooke Burke-Charvet is proudly showing off her scar!
The "Dancing With the Stars" host is cancer-free after undergoing a thyroidectomy on Dec. 6. Burke-Charvet, 41, confirmed her thyroid cancer diagnosis in November and blogged about her battle along the way.
"I'm one of the lucky ones," she told "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, in her first post-surgery appearance. "It was shocking. I never thought I would hear the word cancer in relation to myself."
The mother of four, who married David Charvet in August 2011, hopes others will learn from her story.
"The message really is about preventative health because I had no symptoms," Burke-Charvet explained. "And generally, thyroid cancer is very subtle symptoms. I went for a regular physical -- my early physical."
"I need to have thyroid surgery, a thyroidectomy, which means that I am going to have a nice big scar, right here, across my neck," she announced. Before the procedure, Burke-Charvet also tweeted a "last look" at her neck.
But the star showed off her scar on "GMA" in a low-cut pink dress.
"No makeup. This is a first for me today," she admitted. "I've been scarf-ing it up. But you know what, it's fresh. It's a month old and I think scars tell a story. And I'm so fortunate."
"I'm back to work," Burke-Charvet said, who is promoting her new workout videos. "I feel great."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJust Like Mom
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite