Brooke Burke-Charvet shows makeup-free scar on 'Good Morning America' after thyroid cancer surgery
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: MICHELLE BRUCK/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America4 of 11
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI7 of 11
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks8 of 11
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/BRJ/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Cancer survivor Brooke Burke-Charvet is proudly showing off her scar!
The "Dancing With the Stars" host is cancer-free after undergoing a thyroidectomy on Dec. 6. Burke-Charvet, 41, confirmed her thyroid cancer diagnosis in November and blogged about her battle along the way.
"I'm one of the lucky ones," she told "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, in her first post-surgery appearance. "It was shocking. I never thought I would hear the word cancer in relation to myself."
The mother of four, who married David Charvet in August 2011, hopes others will learn from her story.
"The message really is about preventative health because I had no symptoms," Burke-Charvet explained. "And generally, thyroid cancer is very subtle symptoms. I went for a regular physical -- my early physical."
"I need to have thyroid surgery, a thyroidectomy, which means that I am going to have a nice big scar, right here, across my neck," she announced. Before the procedure, Burke-Charvet also tweeted a "last look" at her neck.
But the star showed off her scar on "GMA" in a low-cut pink dress.
"No makeup. This is a first for me today," she admitted. "I've been scarf-ing it up. But you know what, it's fresh. It's a month old and I think scars tell a story. And I'm so fortunate."
"I'm back to work," Burke-Charvet said, who is promoting her new workout videos. "I feel great."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite