Brooke Burke-Charvet updates fans ahead of surgery
- Photo: MICHELLE BRUCK/StarTraks1 of 19
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America2 of 19
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks3 of 19
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI5 of 19
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks6 of 19
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/BRJ/Fame Flynet8 of 19
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks9 of 19
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/Pacific Coast News11 of 19
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks12 of 19
- Photo: Michael Simon/Promotional13 of 19
- Photo: E. Charbonneau for PMK/HBH/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: FPA/FameFlynet Pictures/Wonderwall15 of 19
- Photo: Jacson/Splash News16 of 19
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks17 of 19
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks18 of 19
More Celeb News
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Is WGN America's Manhattan a Blast? 4 Reasons to Watch the Atomic DramaMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Scores $2.74 Million on Thursday Night, 'Hercules' GruntsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:24:00 AM
- Exclusive Video: Behind the Scenes of The Wonder Years Cast ReunionMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:39:00 AM
- Ratings: Top-Rated 'Big Brother' Pushes CBS to a WinMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:36:00 AM
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'
Entertainment Tonight -- Brooke Burke-Charvet says her shocking revelation last week that she has thyroid cancer has led to an outpouring of love and support and she updated her fans on how she's doing prior to having surgery to remove a tumor.
Writing Tuesday on her ModernMom website, the 41-year-old co-host of "Dancing with the Stars" said she's been moved by the "gazillion texts and e-mails" expressing support since she posted a video online last Thursday announcing her cancer diagnosis. "It means the world to me and I feel so lucky in life and love to have so many positive people around me," she said.
Brooke confessed that she felt "scared" after seeing the widespread media coverage of her announcement and said she could "only imagine the impact" it had on some members of the public. "I want to assure everyone that my condition is manageable and I am taking all the proper steps. I never thought I would be applauded by my courage to share the news in a home video," she said.
She added: "Truth is, I was pretty scared about what the response would be. But I want you all to know that I feel great, my condition is manageable, and I am planning on a speedy recovery."
Brooke also promised to keep her fans updated throughout the recovery process and said she's currently feeling fine and pressing ahead with her hosting duties. "I'm at work today getting ready for tonight's live Dancing with the Stars show. I can feel all the love and support that has come from far and wide which makes me feel fantastic. No worries….see you tonight!"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite