Brooke Sheen Relapsed to Drugs After Twins' Birth
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Chris Connor/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Miami-Dade PD/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV ChannelMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 11:42:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:13 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:13:21 PM
- The Leftovers' Amy Brenneman: Laurie's "Not So Fragile" AnymoreMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Comic-Con: How 'Bates Motel' Makes Norman and His Mom More Likable (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 7:49:00 PM
- 'Manhattan' Creator on Doomsday Drama: 'Americans Never Met an ApocalypseMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 5:57:00 PM
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV Channel
What went wrong in the Sheen household?
As both Charlie Sheen and his wife Brooke seek treatment for their addictions, insiders talk in the new issue of Us Weekly about the pair, who have been in the headlines since the Christmas Day incident when the "Two and a Half Men" actor threatened to kill his wife.
After checking out of Malibu's The Canyon rehab facility last month, Brooke Sheen, 32, is being treated at home for addictions to alcohol and drugs -- including crack cocaine, sources have confirmed to Us. Sheen, meanwhile, checked into rehab last week for "preventative measures," according to sources.
At home with Brooke? Her 12-month-old twin sons, Bob and Max. A family friend says that Brooke's relapse to drugs began shortly after the twins' birth. Born severely underweight, young Max was hospitalized for weeks. "It was a really scary situation for a new mom -- for any new mom -- and at that point she went back to her comfort zone ... she resorted to the way she handled stress in the past."
Meanwhile, 44-year-old Charlie (who spent time in rehab in 1998) has "slipped" back into drinking, a friend says. "He's been depressed, drawing the shades and watching TV by himself," the pal says. "His idea of sobriety is 'slipping' less than twice a month."
And the couple, married for about two years, "stir up each other's worst demons," a friend says. They break out in fights over something small or some little paranoia."
"One time, Brooke threw a Kleenex box at him because he looked at her the wrong way," a source recalls. "He went crazy and threw an expensive plate. It was nuts!"
To read more about the Sheen family's drama, how the twins are coping and what's next for the pair, pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands today.
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite