Brooke Shields Reveals Why She Walked With a Cane at 2012 Met Gala
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue3 of 16
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Mattel/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Rotello/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 16
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: JM11/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: K Thatcher/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Seventeen11 of 16
- Photo: K Thatcher / Splash News/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Brooke Shields had one of the most eye-catching accessories at the Met Costume Institute Gala in New York on Monday -- but not for the reasons one might think.
Wearing a J Mendel dress with Tiffany & Co. jewels, the actress, 46, walked down the red carpet and up the steps at the Metropolitan Museum of Art using a cane. According to E! News, Shields had recently injured the meniscus in her knee while performing as Morticia Addams in Broadway's "The Addams Family."
To ease her pain, Shields wore flip-flops with her gown, E! News reports.
Shields -- mom to daughters Rowan, 8, and Grier, 6, with writer husband Chris Henchy, 48 -- began her "Addams Family" run in the summer of 2011. "I am having the time of my life playing Morticia with this wonderful company of actors," she told Playbill. "Morticia is such a delicious role and 'The Addams Family' is such a fantastic and iconic piece of entertainment."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite