Brooke Shields Reveals Why She Walked With a Cane at 2012 Met Gala
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue3 of 16
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Mattel/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Rotello/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 16
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: JM11/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: K Thatcher/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Seventeen11 of 16
- Photo: K Thatcher / Splash News/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle RideMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:27:16 AM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle Ride
Brooke Shields had one of the most eye-catching accessories at the Met Costume Institute Gala in New York on Monday -- but not for the reasons one might think.
Wearing a J Mendel dress with Tiffany & Co. jewels, the actress, 46, walked down the red carpet and up the steps at the Metropolitan Museum of Art using a cane. According to E! News, Shields had recently injured the meniscus in her knee while performing as Morticia Addams in Broadway's "The Addams Family."
To ease her pain, Shields wore flip-flops with her gown, E! News reports.
Shields -- mom to daughters Rowan, 8, and Grier, 6, with writer husband Chris Henchy, 48 -- began her "Addams Family" run in the summer of 2011. "I am having the time of my life playing Morticia with this wonderful company of actors," she told Playbill. "Morticia is such a delicious role and 'The Addams Family' is such a fantastic and iconic piece of entertainment."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite