Brooke Shields slams ex husband Andre Agassi in segment about divorce
- Photo: WENN1 of 12
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 12
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks5 of 12
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Wonderwall6 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Diane Bondareff for Longines/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awards
It's been 14 years since Brooke Shields ended her marriage with Andre Agassi, but the 48-year-old actress remembers it all too well. While co-hosting the "Today" show on Oct. 2 with Willie Geist, Shields got personal during a segment titled "Dealing With Divorce: How to Move On."
Speaking with celebrity lawyer Laura Wasser, who worked with Kim Kardashian and is the author of "It Doesn't Have To be That Way: How To Divorce Without Destroying Your Family Or Bankrupting Yourself," Shields referenced her own divorce from Agassi when she segued into a discussion about children of divorce.
"I am divorced," Shields shared. "And mine was very quick and relatively easy but it's a very interesting thing because he -- quote, unquote -- did say to me, 'Be happy that we don't have children or I would not have made this easy for you.'"
She added with a laugh, "And therein lies why I'm not there anymore."
The former child model married the professional tennis player in April 1997 and they divorced just shy of their two-year wedding anniversary. Agassi wrote the autobiography "Open" in 2009, and discussed his failed marriage. During an interview with the "Today" show in November 2009 to promote the book, Agassi explained, "I think at that time in my life I couldn't be married to anyone. I think timing is really important. You need in a marriage, two people who understand themselves ... and I certainly didn't understand myself."
Shields later remarried in 2001 to television writer Chris Henchy. They have two daughter together, Rowan, 10, and Grier, 7.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite