Busy Philipps: Why having my daughter changed my mind about waxing
- Photo: Amy Sussman/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Andy Kropa/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Premiere/RR/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: Pacific Coast News4 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: HTB/ZOJ/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
After welcoming her first child four years ago, Busy Philipps had a "real epiphany" -- about waxing! In a new episode of "The Conversation," the "Cougar Town" actress, who is expecting her second child with husband Marc Silverstein, shares her thoughts about body image, losing the baby weight and going bare down there.
Philipps, 33, gladly jumped right in when host Amanda de Cadenet asked her whether she waxes or shaves.
"I love this question," the expectant star said. "I do get waxed, but after I had my daughter I had this real epiphany. I felt like it would be really f---ing weird if I had no hair on my vagina, because I have a little girl and I want her to look at me and think that grown women have hair on their vaginas!"
Philipps welcomed her first child, daughter Birdie, in August 2008. The busy mom said it's not as easy losing the baby weight as some celebrities make it look.
"I love that the whole weird misconception, 'I just lost it all breastfeeding.' It's like, 'No, you didn't!'" she argued.
"Well, no one's honest about it!" de Cadenet agreed. "No one's honest about how they get their bodies looking the way they do."
Even before she welcomed her first child, Philipps said she struggled with body image issues.
"I was asked to lose weight by a network for a TV pilot," the former "Dawson's Creek" star revealed. "The conversation happens because you get a job and your agent or manager calls and they say, 'They are so excited about you. They just think there is no one better for this part and they want you to look and feel your best -- they really feel that that could include losing 15 or 20 pounds.'"
How did she feel about that?
"You take a beat. I think I was a little crushed," confessed Michelle Williams' BFF. "I want to say that I was like 24 when that happened."
"I feel like it's the last frontier of feminism -- the weight thing with women -- even for myself." Philipps said. "I identify as a feminist. I have so many feminist beliefs -- and then I'm so mean to myself about my body sometimes. Or I can be judgmental about other people for their bodies, and I don't know how to get over it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite