Busy Week for Hulk Hogan's Head Includes Surgery, Shave
- Photo: AP/MSN/Retna Digital1 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: John Bazemore/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News5 of 15
- Photo: JE1/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/PictureGroup/.8 of 15
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/PictureGroup/.9 of 15
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Giovanni Arnold/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: VH1/Promotional13 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:40:15 AM
- 'Transcendence' Review: Johnny Depp Is a Ghost in the Machine in This Bug-Riddled MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 9:01:00 PM
- Bad Bangs: The Making of Billy Bob Thornton's Demented Fargo LookMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 8:46:00 PM
- 'Roswell' Stars to Reunite at ATX Television FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:20:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Review: Even Skeptics Can Find This Tale Humane and Even-HandMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:05:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDT
By Chris Gardner
There's a lot happening with Hulk Hogan's head this week.
Let's start with the news that affects the outside of Hogan's face. On Wednesday, the wrestler-turned-reality TV star apparently stunned the world when he told TMZ cameras that he planned to shave off his signature facial hair. And that's not all: also set to go under the razor for work-related reasons are his long blond locks. "I'm getting ready to go on some auditions," Hogan told TMZ. "So that should be scary."
Scary doesn't even describe the reaction the hair-removing news drew from the American Mustache Institute (and YES, apparently that organization does exist). The chairman of the pro-facial hair org, Dr. Aaron Perlut, threw out an immediate, if not dramatically over-the-top, counter to Hogan's forthcoming baldness.
RELATED: Couples Ruined by Reality TV
"Not only would the removal of his lower nose foliage cause angels in heaven to die and fall to earth -- as is written in biblical texts -- but it would send a poor message to young people of Mustached American descent who wish to embrace the Mustached American experience," Perlut told TMZ on Thursday. "We do hope that Mr. Hogan, for whom we have great reverence, reconsiders shaving his upper lip shading device as millions of those he has inspired would be greatly let down, leading to mass chaos and deep bouts of depression in the Mustached American community."
What a mouthful! Speaking of the mouth, it's a perfect time to segue to the news about Mr. Hogan's.
On Tuesday night, the Floridian father of two went under the knife so doctors could remove a metal tack from his mouth, that had been accidentally left there following a dental procedure. In October, Hogan started the process of getting dental implants, which involved a donor bone, stitches and a cosmetic surgeon. Somewhere along the way, doctors removed the donor bone and took his stitches with it by mistake. Hogan said the mishap led to an nasty infection which he couldn't kick and while doctors were investigating the root cause of his ongoing problems, they discovered the wayward tack.
RELATED: Unconventional Families
But Hogan's mouth is obviously on the mend considering his ongoing chats with TMZ, which he concluded by offering this lasting piece of advice. "Theme for the day is ... kids, take care of your teeth."
And let's not forget about taking proper care of your facial hair, too. (And, of course, clearing any proposed changes with the American Mustache Institute!)
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite