Camille Grammer 'great' after cancer scare, working with therapist after alleged abuse
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: WENN2 of 6
- Photo: WENN3 of 6
- Photo: WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- First Look at Colton Haynes' Superhero Alter Ego on 'Arrow' (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM
- CW Pulls 'Seed,' 'Backpackers' From ScheduleMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'
Camille Grammer is fighting back and trying to move forward. In a new interview for "The Dr. Oz Show," the former "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star opens up about the radical hysterectomy she had last month, and the aftermath of the scary alleged physical abuse she reportedly faced from her now ex-boyfriend Dimitri Charalambopoulos.
"It's been four weeks today, a month ago. I'm feeling great," the 45-year-old reality star told Dr. Oz about the surgery she underwent after being diagnosed with early stage endometrial cancer. "I have to say, once in a while I'll get a little pain here and there, but I'm walking around. I was able to go trick-or-treating with my kids and my life is moving forward and I'm feeling very well, thank you."
"My heart sank. You know, you think about your children, am I gonna make it, I want to be alive for them," the mother of two and ex-wife of Kelsey Grammer said of first hearing about her health scare. "My kids -- my ex-husband hasn't seen the kids since July so I'm mom. I'm there. So I really needed to be here for them. My son doesn't really understand it that well, but my daughter said, mom, I'm so glad you're getting surgery 'cause then the cancer's gonna be all gone."
Grammer's struggles didn't end there. Late last month, the TV personality also was granted a temporary restraining order against her younger boyfriend after claiming he physically abused her during an argument while staying at a hotel in Houston, Texas.
"Oh, it was just terrible 'cause, you know, right after any kind of procedure, you want to be surrounded by love and you need good healing vibes and positive energy around you," she said. "I was physically abused and assaulted by this person and it was very traumatizing. But now, I'm working with a therapist and I'm going to be okay. I'm doing well."
Grammer's appearance on "The Dr. Oz" Show airs Thursday, Nov. 14.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite