Nick Cannon hospitalized again for blood clots
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: ./Twitter9 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 17
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: Barry Brecheisen/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Fresh Air Fund/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Mariah Carey's husband Nick Cannon was hospitalized for the fourth time in three months last week after suffering pain in his chest and right arm.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
The "America's Got Talent" presenter was recently diagnosed with acute kidney failure after falling ill while on a post-Christmas family vacation in Aspen, Colo. He subsequently underwent surgery in Los Angeles and returned for further treatment in January.
But Cannon had to seek doctors' help once again last Friday following another health crisis as a result of his busy work schedule between New York and Los Angeles.
This time, he was diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs and an enlarged ventricle in his heart.
He resumed his work commitments on Wednesday and has now opened up about his health struggles during a candid chat on his Big Apple radio show on Thursday.
Admitting it was "quite serious", he explained, "I was trying to downplay it a lot, even in my own mind. I travel a lot. Anyone who flies a lot can be a victim to getting blood clots because it can start in your legs or your lower back (from sitting for an extended period of time). That, on top of my previous condition (kidney failure) made me more prone to (getting blood clots). I couldn't sleep because I was in so much pain. I was having a lot of pain in my back."
Doctors have warned Cannon to cut back on his work schedule -- and the father of twins is finally realizing that he needs to take better care of himself.
He said, "My doctor was saying that my work is going to kill me -- and he's not joking. I think part of the reason why my health did kind of deteriorate was because I wasn't resting a lot and I was doing too much. I was overworking myself, working out too much. I always took a lot of pride in working so hard and never taking a day off. But I'm learning that it isn't the wisest thing all the time, especially being a new father. Not only wanting to spend more time with my children, but wanting to be there for my children."
RELATED: Celeb Moms Over 40
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBeautiful Family
From Crowd Ignite