Nick Cannon hospitalized again for blood clots
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: ./Twitter9 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 17
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: Barry Brecheisen/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Fresh Air Fund/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Discovery Cancels Sons of Guns after Will Hayden Arrested on Rape ChargesMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:01:00 AM
- 'Big Brother' Eviction Leads to Guest Spot on 'The Bold and the BeautifulMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:02:00 AM
- 'As Above, So Below' Review: Deserves a Swift BurialMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 10:23:00 PM
- The Wrap's ShortList Film Fest Crowns 'Noah' and 'Not It&apoMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 9:41:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's Accused Drug Dealer Avoids Jail TimeMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 9:21:00 PM
- Discovery Cancels Sons of Guns after Will Hayden Arrested on Rape Charges
Mariah Carey's husband Nick Cannon was hospitalized for the fourth time in three months last week after suffering pain in his chest and right arm.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
The "America's Got Talent" presenter was recently diagnosed with acute kidney failure after falling ill while on a post-Christmas family vacation in Aspen, Colo. He subsequently underwent surgery in Los Angeles and returned for further treatment in January.
But Cannon had to seek doctors' help once again last Friday following another health crisis as a result of his busy work schedule between New York and Los Angeles.
This time, he was diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs and an enlarged ventricle in his heart.
He resumed his work commitments on Wednesday and has now opened up about his health struggles during a candid chat on his Big Apple radio show on Thursday.
Admitting it was "quite serious", he explained, "I was trying to downplay it a lot, even in my own mind. I travel a lot. Anyone who flies a lot can be a victim to getting blood clots because it can start in your legs or your lower back (from sitting for an extended period of time). That, on top of my previous condition (kidney failure) made me more prone to (getting blood clots). I couldn't sleep because I was in so much pain. I was having a lot of pain in my back."
Doctors have warned Cannon to cut back on his work schedule -- and the father of twins is finally realizing that he needs to take better care of himself.
He said, "My doctor was saying that my work is going to kill me -- and he's not joking. I think part of the reason why my health did kind of deteriorate was because I wasn't resting a lot and I was doing too much. I was overworking myself, working out too much. I always took a lot of pride in working so hard and never taking a day off. But I'm learning that it isn't the wisest thing all the time, especially being a new father. Not only wanting to spend more time with my children, but wanting to be there for my children."
RELATED: Celeb Moms Over 40
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite