Carrie Prejean Weds
- Photo: Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: RD / Kabik/Retna Digital2 of 8
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Bebeto Matthews/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
Controversial beauty queen Carrie Prejean has tied the knot.
The former Miss California USA, 23, wed Oakland Raiders quarterback Kyle Boller, 28, Friday at The Grand Del Mar hotel in San Diego, her hometown.
The 25-minute ceremony was "beautiful," a witness tells E! News. "They had cocktails on the lawn right after. Everyone seemed really happy."
Prejean wore a gorgeous one-shoulder mermaid-style gown, according to E!, while Boller and his fellow groomsmen donned black tuxedos.
After bidding farewell to her six bridesmaids, she and Boller were whisked away in a white Rolls Royce Phantom, E! reports.
The two got engaged this past February.
Prejean made headlines last April when pageant judge Perez Hilton asked her if she supported gay marriage. "In my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," she replied. "No offense to anybody there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be, between a man and a woman."
Her response outraged Hilton and others in the Miss California community. Hilton launched a crude attack against her. Organizer Keith Lewis even released a statement: "As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman."
Prejean only continued to irk her enemies when she began working for the National Organization for Marriage.
Scandal returned a short time later when semi-nude photos of her began hitting the web.
She almost lost her crown, but Donald Trump, who owns the Miss USA and Miss Universe organizations, allowed her to keep her title because he said "the pictures taken were fine."
On June 10, however, Prejean was fired for violating her contract and "unwillingness to make appearances on behalf" of the organization, according to pageant officials.
But in an in interview with Access Hollywood, Prejean claimed otherwise: "None of this would be happening right now if I just said, 'Yeah, gays should get married. You're right, Perez Hilton.'"
First runner-up Tami Farrell replaced her as Miss California USA.
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite