Charles Saatchi Accepts Caution for Assault After Nigella Lawson Choking Photos
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: KB4/Dan Jackman/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Craig Norwood/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Ikon / Splash News/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: BD3/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
After initially defending himself, Charles Saatchi is admitting he assaulted wife Nigella Lawson. The art mogul, 70, accepted a police caution for assault late on Monday, June 17, following the shocking photos that were publishing of him grabbing Lawson by the throat during a tense lunch meeting.
According to the Mirror, Saatchi was photographed leaving Charing Cross Police Station in central London on Monday, after being questioned for five hours. "Officers from the Community Safety Unit at Westminster were aware of the Sunday People article which was published on 16 June and carried out an investigation," a Met spokesman told the Mirror. "This afternoon a 70-year-old man voluntarily attended a Central London police station and accepted a caution for assault." (A police caution is a formal warning in the U.K. for minor offenses that carries no penalty.)
Over the weekend, disturbing pictures were released of Saatchi grabbing the British celeb chef, 53, by the neck while dining together in London nearly two weeks ago.
The multimillionaire dismissed the photos in an earlier interview with the Evening Standard on Monday. "About a week ago, we were sitting outside a restaurant having an intense debate about the children, and I held Nigella's neck repeatedly while attempting to emphasize my point," Saatchi explained. There was no grip, it was a playful tiff. The pictures are horrific but give a far more drastic and violent impression of what took place."
Lawson's rep told Us Weekly on Monday that "she has left the family home with the children." The former Food Network star has two kids, Cosima and Bruno, with her late first husband John Diamond.
"We do not know when she will return," a source close to Lawson told Us. "They slept at a family friend's house last night."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite