- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/GettyImages.com1 of 6
- Photo: Fame Pictures2 of 6
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Shady/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' director diesMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 3:45:43 AM
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a reliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 3:09:53 AM
- 'SNL' Spoofs 'Sound of Music' With Kristen Wiig and Fred ArmisenMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:46:15 PM
- Harvey Weinstein Opens Up About 'Mandela' Plans in Wake of Leader's Loss MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 8:20:15 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' director dies
By Kat Giantis
On Sunday, Charlie Sheen smiled wide as paparazzi snapped him enjoying some family-friendly, image-buffing time in New York with ex-wife Denise Richards and their two daughters, Sam, 6, and Lola, 5, with the quartet hitting an American Girl doll outpost before taking in a Broadway production of "Mary Poppins."
But by the wee hours of Tuesday morning, things were far from supercalifragilisticexpialidocious for the repeatedly rehabbed, issues-plagued "Two and Half Men" star: He was hospitalized after allegedly being found drunk and naked inside a trashed hotel room.
The New York Post says hotel security called police to Sheen's suite at the Plaza Hotel around 2 a.m., supposedly finding tables and chairs overturned and a chandelier damaged.
Life & Style paints a more disturbing picture, contending that cops found Charlie in the company of the type of women once supplied to him by Heidi Fleiss, and that she was "screaming" from inside a closet and fearful for her life.
"Charlie was incoherent but started screaming slurs at the cops," a source tells the tab. "They recognized him immediately and gave him two options: They could take him to the hospital or take him down to the station. Charlie chose the hospital."
When contacted for comment, Sheen's rep informed us that he had a bad reaction to something he ingested: "What we are able to determine is that Charlie had an adverse allergic reaction to some medication and was taken to the hospital, where he is expected to be released tomorrow."
But according to the Post, Sheen told the officers that he'd been "out partying" and returned to his room with the unidentified woman. He then supposedly discovered that his wallet and phone were missing, causing him to "fly into a rage."
An unnamed police official confirms the incident to the AP, explaining that the star was hospitalized for "psychiatric evaluation" after a woman accused him of yelling and throwing furniture. Another snitch adds to People magazine that he was also treated "for alcohol abuse."
RELATED: Celebrity outlaws
Police insiders tell TMZ that Charlie appeared "intoxicated," "irrational" and "emotionally disturbed" as he was hauled off to New York Hospital; Richards, staying in a nearby room with the kids, reportedly accompanied him.
"His two daughters were sleeping in the next room," says the L&S spy. "Denise had to go with the cops and leave the girls with a nanny. She looked distraught."
Charlie was not arrested, unlike after his Christmas Day 2009 fight with estranged wife Brooke Mueller, who accused him of holding a knife to her throat and threatening to kill her. He later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge.
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite