Charlie Sheen donates $75,000 to help child with cancer
- Photo: DT2/Daniel Tanner/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 11
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolov/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: DJDM/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: BT1/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: HM/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: ET via Celebitchy/Promotional9 of 11
- Photo: @charliesheen/Twitter10 of 11
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Charlie Sheen has donated $75,000 to a fund set up for a girl with cancer after he heard about her plight from a police officer.
RELATED: Chelsea Handler's major donation
The former "Two and a Half Men" star was told by a cop in Hermosa Beach, Calif., that a colleague's 10-year-old daughter, Jasmine Faulk, had been diagnosed with childhood rhabdomyosarcoma, a cancer that forms in the soft tissue of muscles.
Sheen was so moved that he wrote a check for $75,000 for the Hermosa Beach Police Association, whose members started a fund in Jasmine's honor.
RELATED: Charlie Sheen's friendly exes
Eddie Braun, Sheen's stunt double from "Scary Movie 5," helped out by donating $25,000, according to TMZ.
A statement on the fund's Facebook page reads, "Big news today for the Faulk family. Together, Eddie Braun and Charlie Sheen donated $100,000.00 to the HBPOA in support of Jasmine's fight against cancer. All proceeds go to the Faulk family to support their daughter. On behalf of the HBPOA, the Faulk family and those who support children fighting cancer, we thank you for your generous donation."
RELATED: Holiday gifts
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite