Charlie Sheen checks into rehab
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: MAC/Fame Pictures2 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Narnia' Sequel Taps David Magee to Write ScriptMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:49:16 AM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Narnia' Sequel Taps David Magee to Write Script
Charlie Sheen's failure to check into rehab on Friday following his rep's announcement that the actor had "voluntarily entered an undisclosed rehabilitation center," was not sparked by a lack of determination to get help. He was simply taking his time selecting the right treatment team, according to his manager.
"[He] is currently in rehab," Mark Burg told People on Saturday. "He was bombarded by every rehab in the country looking for his wallet and publicity, and he has been deciding where to go. With the help of friends and family, he finally agreed to go and went into rehab on Saturday,"
In the meantime, Sheen's hit CBS show, "Two and a Half Men," is taking a break to accommodate his treatment.
A statement from CBS on Friday read: "Due to Charlie Sheen's decision to enter a rehabilitation center, CBS, Warner Bros. Television and executive producer Chuck Lorre are placing 'Two and a Half Men' on production hiatus. We are profoundly concerned for his health and well-being, and support his decision."
Sheen's publicist Stan Rosenfeld added that the actor's privacy be respected during this time.
"Charlie hopes to be back at work in the near future but there is no time frame," Burg said. "Regaining his sobriety is what is most important."
Related on Wonderwall & MSN:
Related stories on ETonline.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite