Charlie Sheen: I'm Calmer, Clean & Sober
- Photo: Dan Krauss/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: DC5/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Sam Levi/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: NICK UT/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Phil McCarten/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: NICK UT/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Carlos Osorio/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter PanMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:17:10 AM
- Ventura: Mixed emotions about defamation suit winMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:53:17 AM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter Pan
Meet the calmer, mellower Charlie Sheen.
The actor, who was fired from the most lucrative gig in TV history earlier this year after a public feud with Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre, tells the Today Show's Matt Lauer things have slowed down in his life considerably in the past few months.
"I don't really know what happened" Sheen said, referring to his falling out with Lorre and the unprecedented media blitz that followed. "It was one of those things where the planets were aligned, perfectly or imperfectly.
"I said some stuff and then it caught such traction globally and instantly that I couldn't really put out the fire ... from one moment to the next, I didn't know what was going to happen -- it was pretty exciting."
Sheen said that while he wouldn't take back his memorable media appearances -- which spawned classic catchphrases such as "Winning!" "Tiger Blood" and "Vatican Assassin" -- he does laugh at some of them, in retrospect.
"I don't know, the Tiger Blood, it was so silly and people took it so seriously and I figured, alright, I'll continue to give the people what they want, you know?"
On a serious note, Sheen said he's "absolutely" sober, adding "it's been awhile" since he used any drugs. Instead, he says, he's filled that void with something far more important: family.
"I'm seeing my kids a lot more, mending fences with [ex-wives] Denise [Richards] and Brooke [Mueller], just trying to move forward and prioritize what matters,” Charlie said. “I think that's where the life is, you know, it's in those quiet moments.
"It's not the giant TV deal or the big party or the award or whatever, it's the memory of your child's smile at the end of the day that sort of brings that one lonesome tear, you know?"
For more of Charlie, check out his Comedy Central roast September 19 at 10/9c.
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite