Charlie Sheen using Jon Cryer's child support victory as example of legal precedent
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Brian To/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Wonderwall6 of 11
- Photo: @charliesheen/Twitter7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA9 of 11
- Photo: Boris Issaei/Wonderwall10 of 11
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Charlie Sheen is hoping to persuade a Los Angeles judge to end his child support payments to his third ex-wife, Brooke Mueller, by using his former TV co-star Jon Cryer's previous court victory as a legal precedent.
RELATED: Hollywood's hottest bad boys
Sheen recently filed a request to halt his monthly installments of $55,000 to Mueller because his 4-year-old twins, Bob and Max, are no longer living with their mother. The boys were removed from her home by child welfare officials in May, following concerns that she was using drugs again.
The former real estate agent has since attempted to kick her long-term struggles with substance abuse by checking into a rehab center, where she remains under doctors' supervision, and Sheen's second ex-wife, Denise Richards, has been taking care of the boys.
In a bid to bolster his case, Sheen has made reference to his former "Two and a Half Men" colleague Cryer's court fight with British actress Sarah Trigger, whom he divorced in 2004.
Trigger was arrested in 2009 amid allegations of child abuse and temporarily lost custody of their son, Charlie. Cryer used her legal woes to request that his support payments be reduced from $10,000 per month to zero, and the judge agreed.
Sheen claims Cryer's win set a precedent and he wants the judge overseeing his case to deliver a similar verdict, reports TMZ.
Sheen's court documents also reveal that he earns more than $740,000 a month before taxes and already handles all expenses for his boys, which amount to an estimated $30,000 a month, on top of the child support fees.
The actor feared Mueller was using the child support money to foot the cost of her own drug treatment.
Get out the vote
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Miranda and Orlando to the Jenners, see some of Hollywood's most amicable exes on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite