Charlie Sheen using Jon Cryer's child support victory as example of legal precedent
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Brian To/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Wonderwall6 of 11
- Photo: @charliesheen/Twitter7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA9 of 11
- Photo: Boris Issaei/NPG10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Charlie Sheen is hoping to persuade a Los Angeles judge to end his child support payments to his third ex-wife, Brooke Mueller, by using his former TV co-star Jon Cryer's previous court victory as a legal precedent.
RELATED: Hollywood's hottest bad boys
Sheen recently filed a request to halt his monthly installments of $55,000 to Mueller because his 4-year-old twins, Bob and Max, are no longer living with their mother. The boys were removed from her home by child welfare officials in May, following concerns that she was using drugs again.
The former real estate agent has since attempted to kick her long-term struggles with substance abuse by checking into a rehab center, where she remains under doctors' supervision, and Sheen's second ex-wife, Denise Richards, has been taking care of the boys.
In a bid to bolster his case, Sheen has made reference to his former "Two and a Half Men" colleague Cryer's court fight with British actress Sarah Trigger, whom he divorced in 2004.
Trigger was arrested in 2009 amid allegations of child abuse and temporarily lost custody of their son, Charlie. Cryer used her legal woes to request that his support payments be reduced from $10,000 per month to zero, and the judge agreed.
Sheen claims Cryer's win set a precedent and he wants the judge overseeing his case to deliver a similar verdict, reports TMZ.
Sheen's court documents also reveal that he earns more than $740,000 a month before taxes and already handles all expenses for his boys, which amount to an estimated $30,000 a month, on top of the child support fees.
The actor feared Mueller was using the child support money to foot the cost of her own drug treatment.
Get out the vote
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite