Chaz Bono asks judge to change name, gender
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Louise Barnsley/Max Butterworth/Pacific Coast News2 of 6
- Photo: Paul Smith / Featureflash/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Camerique/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:13:00 AM
- Non-Fiction Producers Association Adds 14 Production Companies to RanksMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:01:00 AM
- Controversial MLB Player, Amazing Race Twins Join the Survivor: San Juan del Sur CastMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Ticks Up, NBC Tops TuesdayMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Jasper Johns' former assistant pleads guiltyMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:30:33 AM
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'
LOS ANGELES -- Chaz Bono is asking a judge to formally change his name and gender.
The 41-year-old writer, activist and reality-TV star, was born a girl to Sonny Bono and Cher. He filed a petition to change his name and gender last week.
Bono's doctor filed a declaration with the court indicating he performed a gender-change operation last year.
Formerly called Chastity, Bono has called the gender change "the best decision I've ever made."
RELATED: Androgyny: fashionable these days?
The filing was first reported by celebrity Web site TMZ.com.
A hearing on the petition is scheduled for May 6 in Santa Monica, California.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite