Chaz Bono asks judge to change name, gender
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Louise Barnsley/Max Butterworth/Pacific Coast News2 of 6
- Photo: Paul Smith / Featureflash/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Camerique/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
LOS ANGELES -- Chaz Bono is asking a judge to formally change his name and gender.
The 41-year-old writer, activist and reality-TV star, was born a girl to Sonny Bono and Cher. He filed a petition to change his name and gender last week.
Bono's doctor filed a declaration with the court indicating he performed a gender-change operation last year.
Formerly called Chastity, Bono has called the gender change "the best decision I've ever made."
RELATED: Androgyny: fashionable these days?
The filing was first reported by celebrity Web site TMZ.com.
A hearing on the petition is scheduled for May 6 in Santa Monica, California.
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite