Chaz Bono asks judge to change name, gender
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Louise Barnsley/Max Butterworth/Pacific Coast News2 of 6
- Photo: Paul Smith / Featureflash/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Camerique/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
LOS ANGELES -- Chaz Bono is asking a judge to formally change his name and gender.
The 41-year-old writer, activist and reality-TV star, was born a girl to Sonny Bono and Cher. He filed a petition to change his name and gender last week.
Bono's doctor filed a declaration with the court indicating he performed a gender-change operation last year.
Formerly called Chastity, Bono has called the gender change "the best decision I've ever made."
RELATED: Androgyny: fashionable these days?
The filing was first reported by celebrity Web site TMZ.com.
A hearing on the petition is scheduled for May 6 in Santa Monica, California.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite